Alter Bridge's fifth album 'The Last Hero' due out October 7
Alter Bridge have revealed that their upcoming fifth album will be titled The Last Hero, and is due for release on Friday, October 7th. These among other details were announced during a live Q&A session on Facebook prior to a listening party last night in Orlando.
The band also revealed The Last Hero's album art on a poster distributed to attendees of the listening party. Click to enlarge the image below, but note that this is only a pieced-together scan of the poster and does not represent official imagery.
At the Orlando listening party, fans were treated to a photo with the band before being the first to publicly hear the new album in its entirety. Attendees were asked to rate the songs to help determine the first single. Following the album playthrough, the band performed a live concert. Check out The Last Hero's track listing below, and click here to read more about the event over at TheAlterBridgeNation.com's forums.
- Show Me a Leader
- The Writing on the Wall
- The Other Side
- My Champion
- Poison in Your Veins
- Cradle to the Grave
- Losing Patience
- This Side of Fate
- You Will Be Remembered
- Crows on a Wire
- Island of Fools
- The Last Hero
- Last of Our Kind (possibly a b-side)
Several other details were revealed during the preceding Facebook live Q&A session, which was hosted by Supa Dave, a DJ on Orlando's rock station WJRR:
- The lyrics were written during a short period, and reflect the state of the world at that time, including the tumultuous climate of the ongoing presidential campaign in the USA
- We can expect song previews to emerge roughly one month prior to the album's release
- Mark considers The Last Hero to fit into Alter Bridge's "second era", with One Day Remains and Blackbird comprising the first era, and AB III, Fortress, and The Last Hero making up the second
- The band plans on returning to Europe next year, with hopes of hitting Ireland, Portugal, Spain, and additional Italian markets not covered during their upcoming tour
- Mark uses a 7-string guitar for the first time on an Alter Bridge album during the opening track, "Show Me a Leader"
- Myles elaborates on the meaning of the album title: "A lot of the themes on The Last Hero revolve around the hero concept. The need for heroes in our society, and leaders, and what we do to our leaders and heroes or role models--how we build them up and tear them down. Also there's a song that pays tribute to heroes, whether it's someone who's served their country; served their community. So that theme runs throughout quite a bit of the record, and that's why we thought that title would bring it together."
- The album contains several "Blackbird"-esque epics, including the title track and "Other Side of Fate"
Stay tuned for more details on The Last Hero here at MarkTremonti.net!